- Type: Translucent
- Sheen: Satin
- Description: Premium translucent topcoat for Cetol 1 RE
- Usage: Siding, Trim, Entrance Doors, Garage Doors, Windows, Log Homes
- Features: Superior UV Protection, Highly Transparent, Water Repellent, Weather Resistant, Flexible
- Technology: Alkyd oil
Coverage for second coat. Third coat coverage will be higher:
- Smooth Wood – 250-350 sq.ft./gal
- Rough Wood – 200-300 sq.ft./gal
- Hardwoods – 400-500 sq ft/gal
* Spray all vegetation with water prior to applying cleaners.
* Generously apply a cleaning solution of four (4) ounces of 100% powdered Tri-Sodium Phosphate (TSP) or phosphate-free substitute with one (1) quart of liquid bleach and three (3) quarts of water to the wood surfaces with a garden sprayer or a heavy nap roller cover. Start at bottom of project and work up.
* Let the solution work on the wood for 15-20 minutes as you scrub the surface with a hard bristle acid brush to help remove mill glaze or weathering. Do not allow solution to dry on the wood surface.
* Pressure wash solution from the wood with plenty of clean fresh water using 800-1200 psi with the nozzle 8-12 inches from the surface for full effectiveness of the cleaning and to prevent damage to the wood.
* Allow the surface to dry for at least 48 hours, or to have a moisture content of 15% or less before finishing.
* For achieving optimum wood surface porosity and natural uniformity sand all pre-cleaned wood using 80-120 grit sandpaper for vertical surfaces and 60- 80 grit sandpaper for horizontal surfaces. Always sand in the direction of the wood grain and remove sanding dust.
* Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 Re Wood Finish and Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 Plus RE Top Coat should be applied within two weeks of preparation for horizontal surfaces (decks) and within four weeks for vertical surfaces (siding), provided that the surface remains free of dirt, grease grim, mildew.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE Application Methods
• Natural Bristle Brush.
- • Airless Sprayer – Use a .011”-.013” tip at 1200 – 1700 psi. Cetol 23 plus must be backed brushed immediately to eliminate dripping.
• Roller – Back brush Immediately.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 RE Dry Time
• Dry time – 24 hours minimum at 68°F and 65% relative humidity. At temperatures below 45º F or conditions of high humidity the drying time will be extended.
• Proluxe Cetol 23 RE dries to touch in approximately 6 hours.
• Dries to recoat in 24 hours additional coat may increase these times.
• Not recommend for decks.
• Please all 24 hours to dry before rainfall is in the forecast.
• Low temperature, high humidity, thick films or poor ventilation will increase these times. Avoid heavy abrasions immediately following application.
Previously Coated Wood – Previous stains, varnishes or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed prior to application of Proluxe Cetol 23 RE Wood Finish. After removal of previous coatings, clean and prepare surface as specified above.
New Wood – Clean and prepare all wood surfaces as specified above. Pressure treated wood must be properly seasoned, dry with a moisture content of 18% or less and free of salts and other water soluble materials before applying stain. Water- repellent treated lumber requires one year minimum of weathering prior to cleaning and application.
Weathered Uncoated Wood – Clean and prepare surface as specified above.