Sikkens Proluxe DEK Finish – Premium Deck Wood Finish is a high performance, translucent SATIN finish for exterior decks. This alkyd high solids formulation offers optimum protection, ultimate durability and a beautiful furniture-like appearance with the simplicity of a one product, two coat application
Top Sikkens Proluxe dealer for Premium Deck wood deck finish
Since 2017, The PPG ProLuxe product line will contain all of the same Sikkens-ProLuxe products and formulas, but will now showcase the updated PPG ProLuxe name and new packaging featuring the PPG logo and removal of the Sikkens name and will be named Premium Deck Wood Finish.
Free shipping on all single gallon cans
Coverage of Sikkens Proluxe DEK
- 350-450 sq ft/Gal of flooring
- Railing is sq/ft is 3 sq ft for every 1′ of railing
Cetol DEK Finish – Premium Deck Wood Finish performance highlights
- High-solids alkyd-oil formula for excellent coverage in a two-coat application
- High-transparency trans-oxide pigments amplify depth of color, clarity and substrate protection
- Film forming buildup
- High-performance resin resists cracking and peeling
- Provides a mildew-resistant finish
- Satin finish
Use Sikkens Proluxe transparent wood deck finish on:
Types of lumber you can use Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK on:
- Pressure treated lumber
- Exotic hardwood
- Composite materials
Shipping restrictions for Sikkens Proluxe DEK | Premium Deck wood finish:
- We can NOT ship Door and Window to (SQAQMD)
- SQAQMD is the South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Can not ship to LA County, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside
Preparation Procedures for Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK
New pressure treated lumber requires a six week drying period prior to application. Water repellant treated lumber requires once year of weathering prior to application.
- Spray the surface with clean water, wetting the wood. Including railing and flooring
- Clean the surface with a mild deck cleaner. Apply this with a garden pump sprayer or chemical inject with the pressure washer.
- Let the solution dwell for 15-20 minutes as you scrub the solution with a hard bristle brush
- Pressure wash the wood surface using 800 psi with the nozzle 8-12 inches away to remove the cleaning solution
- Sand furring of wood with a 150 grit sand paper
- Apply wood brightener if wood is cedar or redwood to remove tannin acids. If this step is skipped the stain will appear darker. The brightener will also rebalance the PH balance of the wood. Brightener is not need if wood is Pine, Spruce or Pressure treated lumber.
- Sikkens Proluxe DEK stain should be applied no sooner than 24 hours. With weather temperature over 55 degrees.
Where to buy Sikkens Proluxe Cetol DEK
- SIK 44005/01 Sikkens DEK Natural Oak 005
- SIK440045/01 Sikkens DEK Mahogany 045
- SIK 440077/01 Sikkens DEK Cedar 077
- SIK44078/01 Sikkens DEK Natural 078
Application Procedures of PPG Transparent wood deck stain
- Follow the preparation procedures.
- Apply first coat of Premium Deck using a natural bristle brush
- Apply to all 6 side of lumber
- Allow surface to dry for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Clean with paint thinner
- Apply second coat. Allow to dry for 48 hours before traffic. Temperatures over 55 degrees
Maintenance Procedures for Exotic hardwoods
- One coat of premium Deck must be applied every 12-18 months.
- Generally, one coat of Premium Deck must be applied every 12 months.
- Maintenance may be needed sooner
- Clean surface prior to applying Sikkens Proluxe DEK
Best Deck Stain | Michigan Sikkens Proluxe Dealer | Lowest price on Sikkens or Proluxe stain | Best pricing on Sikkens | Sikkens Dealer near me | Where to buy Sikkens deck stain | Sikkens Deck stain Home Depot | Sikkens deck stain Amazon | Is Sikkens the same as Proluxe | Cetol DEK