Colorfast by Sashco delivers the ideal canvas for stain application and leaves behind the strong foundation necessary for long-lasting color. It’s color confidence for your log home. Sashco Colorfast goes on milky and dries clear.
Sashco Colorfast available in:
- 1 Gallon buckets
- 5 gallon pails
Colorfast keeps the color the color:
- Lignin (wood cell glue) stabilizers prevent yellowing and darkening of the wood itself overtime, which in turn prevent color shifts in the stain applied over top. Light colors stay light and darker colors don’t shift too dark.
Colorfast Reduces blotchiness:
- Fills pores for a smoother surface and more even stain application. Great for blasted, rough-sawn, knotty pine, or milled logs
Prevents picture-frame effect on interior wood:
- Apply on bare wood on the interior of the home and under Sashco’s Symphony® interior clear coat to avoid yellowing around wall décor.
Use Colorfast under any Sashco stain:
- Using oil-based Transformation Log & Timber? Water-based Capture®, Cascade®, or Symphony®? No problem.
Easier stain application:
- Greatly reduces the need to back brush the stain applied over top.
- Colorfast goes on milky white and dries clear
Great as a log keeper coat:
- Prevents mold and yellowing due to UV damage on new wood as it moves from the mill to the job site and throughout construction. Contains both mildewcide and algaecide to help preserve the wood until it’s time to stain. Or, life happened and you need to wait for a few weeks between prep and staining? No problem.
Seal those ends:
- When applied heavily on log ends, prevents over-penetration of stain and log ends that are darker than the rest of the logs
Where to Use Colorfast
Use on most any vertical wood surface, underneath a Sashco stain or clear coat. Great for:
- Tongue & groove walls or ceilings
- Any wood surfaces interior or Exterior