Colorfast by Sashco delivers the ideal canvas for stain application and leaves behind the strong foundation necessary for long-lasting color. It’s color confidence for your log home. Sashco Colorfast goes on milky and dries clear. Colorfast by Sashco is compatible with Oil base or water base stains.
Sashco Colorfast available in:
Colorfast keeps the color the color:
- Lignin (wood cell glue) stabilizers prevent yellowing and darkening of the wood itself overtime, which in turn prevent color shifts in the stain applied over top. Light colors stay light and darker colors don’t shift too dark.
Sashco Colorfast Reduces blotchiness:
- Fills pores for a smoother surface and more even stain application. Great for blasted, rough-sawn, knotty pine, or milled logs
Prevents picture-frame effect on interior wood:
- Apply on bare wood on the interior of the home and under Sashco’s Symphony® interior clear coat to avoid yellowing around wall décor
Use Colorfast under any Sashco stain:
- Using oil-based Transformation Log & Timber? Water-based Capture®, Cascade®, or Symphony®? No problem.
- Compatible with Oil base or water base stains from any brand
- Generally Colorfast is used with Sashco log home stain
Make for an easier stain application:
- Greatly reduces the need to back brush the stain applied over top.
- Colorfast goes on milky white and dries clear
Great as a log keeper coat:
- ColorFast prevents mold and yellowing due to UV damage on new wood as it moves from the mill to the job site and throughout construction. Contains both mildewcide and algaecide to help preserve the wood until it’s time to stain. Or, life happened and you need to wait for a few weeks between prep and staining? No problem.
Seal those ends:
- When applied heavily on log ends, prevents over-penetration of stain and log ends that are darker than the rest of the logs
Where to Use Sashco Colorfast
Use on most any vertical wood surface, underneath a Sashco stain or clear coat. Great for:
- Tongue & groove walls or ceilings
- Any wood surfaces interior or Exterior