Color Chart-Colors are satin finish:
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Door & Window is a high performance for specialty applications such as exterior doors and windows. Sikkens Cetol door and window is a satin finish in colors. Colors are available in quarts only. Product is oil based with paint thinner cleanup. Sikkens Door and Window has been rated one of the best finishes by Contractors and numerous improvement web sites. New wave technology.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Door & Window, available in Gloss or Satin. This product features High Solids Alkyd, Translucent Iron Oxide pigments and UV absorbers, Excellent Microporosity & Flexibility. Sikkens Cetol Door & Window is the only coating that is “flexible” and won’t crack. Minimizes blistering and cracking due to expansion and contraction or moisture build-up.
We offer fast shipping – this Product is hard to find in specialty paint stores. Colors are only available in Quarts, clear finish available in gallon and quart. Cetol Door & Window colors can be intermixed to obtain your desired color.
- Wood Window Frames
- Garage Doors
- Fiberglass Door
- Interior/Exterior surfaces
Features and Finish:
- High Solid Alkyd Oil based product
- Translucent Iron Oxide Pigment and UV Absorbers
- Excellent Microporosity and Flexibility
- Available in Satin and Gloss Finish
- Colors available in Satin
- Cetol door and window can be shipped to all 48 states
- VOC laws only apply to gallon and larger, excludes quarts
Application Procedures Coverage area per coat for Cetol Door & Window is 350-450 sq. ft. / U.S. gal. (smooth wood).
New/Bare Wood Applications
1. Follow the preparation procedures
2. Apply first coat of Cetol Door & Window
3. Let surface dry for minimum of 24 hours
4. Apply second coat of Cetol Door & Window
5. Let surface dry for minimum of 24 hours
6. Apply third coat of Cetol Door & Window
7. Clean tools with mineral spirits Tips
• Three coats must be applied using any combination of ready-mix colors or clear top coats. • For best UV protection, apply three coats of ready-mix colors. • For application on exotic hardwoods, immediately before applying coating wipe surface with acetone.
• It is always recommended to perform a three-coat color test on a sample of the wood.
• For applications on fiberglass doors, contact Sikkens Sales and Technical Support for further details. Maintenance Procedures Proper maintenance starts with visual inspection. A timeframe of two to three years on south and west exposures and three to four years on north and east exposures can be used as a general guideline. However, as weathering, exposure and altitude vary, maintenance may be needed sooner and should be performed when visually necessary regardless of time frame. Maintenance Application
1. Follow the preparation procedures using the above cleaning solution, reducing it to two ounces of 100% powdered Tri-Sodium Phosphate (TSP) or phosphate-free substitue. Let surface dry three days.
2. Apply one coat of Cetol Door & Window. Working With Cetol® Door & Window Application Do’s …
• Apply when the surface and air temperature is 50°F/10°C to 95°F/35°C
• Stir well before using • Do not apply in direct sunlight • Saturate all end grains, nail holes and cracks in the wood
• Apply a medium coat using a soft long-haired natural bristle brush • Maintain a wet edge to prevent lap marks
• Fill joints, cracks, nail holes with a good quality polyurethane or acrylic caulk/filler prior to coating
• Apply in the direction of the wood grain
• Coat all sides of doors • Intermix batches to ensure color and sheen consistency Application Don’ts … • Do not apply when the surface is hot to the touch
• Do not apply when dew or frost is present or expected within five hours
• Do not apply over other coatings • Do not apply when moisture content of the wood is greater than 18%
• Do not thin
• Do not use three coats of clear alone on areas that receive high levels of UV exposure Maintenance Procedures Proper maintenance starts with visual inspection. A timeframe of two to three years on south and west exposures and three to four years on north and east exposures can be used as a general guideline. However, as weathering, exposure and altitude vary, maintenance may be needed sooner and should be performed when visually necessary regardless of timeframe. Maintenance Application.
Technical assistance call Sikkens at 1-866-Sikkens