Messmer’s UV plus for Hardwood (low VOC) is a premium natural wood finish which protects and beautifies exterior wood decks and other wood projects. For dense exotic hardwoods like IPE, Mahogany, Brazilian Redwood, Massaranduba, Meranti, Pau Lupe, and Teak. It is an oil-based stain that penetrates. Messmer’s UV plus for Hardwoods a top rated stain for IPE.
Messmers UV Plus for hardwood decks ships same day by 4:00
Messmer’s UV Plus Hardwoods (Low VOC) is compliant and can be shipped to all states:
Difference between Messmer’s Hardwood low and high VOC
- Overall, very little differences. Colors are the same
- Stain containing higher levels of VOC often have a stronger odor
- Generally lower VOC stains dry a little slower
- Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)
- Every state mandates what VOC can be shipped within their state
Messmer’s UV Plus for Hardwood Decks Coverage:
- 1 gallon for every 250-400 square feet of wood
- Available in 100 VOC, 250 VOC, 550 VOC.
- Comes in Natural and Red Mahogany
- Hardwood Decks needs to be sealed every one to two years
Advantages of Messmer’s UV plus for Hardwood deck features:
- It has excellent resistance to UV degradation
- It is available in 2 colors – Natural and Red Mahogany
- Has a Mildew resistant coating
- Specially formulated for Ipe and other hardwoods
- 1 coat application
- Avoid over application
- Oil-based with paint thinner cleanup
- Can be shipped any where in USA including Canada
What is UV Plus for Hardwood Decks?
How long does Messmer’s UV Plus for Hardwood last?
Clear finish vs Natural finish
Messmer’s Hardwoods can be applied over another stain
- Provided the previous finish has sufficiently weathered to allow penetration of UV Plus for Hardwood Decks.
- Before application, clean the surface with Wood & Deck Cleaner or sand to a new surface.
While UV Plus for Hardwood Decks bead water
- This means that waxes are added for the appearance of water beading. These additives do not last very long and are not good permanent water repellents, in addition to this they interfere with adhesion should you decide to paint over the stain. That’s why we don’t use them in our products.
- Messmer’s UV Plus for Hardwoods Decks fills the pores of the wood, providing excellent water repellency that will last.
Wait 24-48 hours if rain is expected
- Hardwood Decks needs at least 24-48 hours to dry in good conditions before staining.
- Rain can force the stain up out of the pores of the wood, leaving a blotchy appearance.
Messmer’s UV Plus for Hardwood Decks suitable for vertical surfaces
- Excellent choice for almost any exterior hardwood surface, including vertical surfaces.
- Make sure the surface is clean, dry, and any previous coatings have either weathered away or been removed.
- Do not use UV Plus for Hardwood Decks over paints or other film forming coatings, it’s designed to penetrate into bare or weathered wood surfaces.
Should I put multiple coats of Messmer’s Hardwood stain
- No. The only way to get a shiny surface on the wood is by using a multiple coat, film forming finish. We don’t recommend clear film forming finishes on decks because they are slippery when wet, they will eventually peel, and they are difficult to maintain and recoat. When properly applied, a penetrating finish like UV Plus for Hardwood Decks will not be shiny, it will have a natural, matte look.
- Messmer’s UV Plus for hardwoods in a matte finish
Messmers on other surfaces that are made of cedar and pressure treated wood.
- Generally UV Plus for Hardwood Decks can be used on other types of exterior wood.
- Overall appearance of dissimilar woods will not be the same after applying the UV Plus
Application of Messmer’s for Hardwood stain:
- Overall best to apply by natural bristle brush or roller and roller pans, 3/8″ nap roller cover.
- Do not begin until you have read and understand all instructions.
- Do not apply if rain is expected within 48 hours.
- Do a small test area on your project to insure your satisfaction with color choice and appearance before proceeding.
Cleaning the deck:
- Obviously sweep excess debris (dirt and leaves) off the deck.
- Clean the deck with Messmer’s Wood & Deck Cleaner (Part A),
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water
- Wait a few days for the wood to completely dry depending on weather conditions.
- Cover plants, grass, concrete, trim, so that no areas get the chemicals on it.
Apply the Messmer’s Hardwoods deck stain:
- Stir Messmer’s Hardwoods thoroughly, so that all pigment is mixed evenly into the stain.
- Apply one coat of Messmer’s for Hardwood Decks following label directions.
- Work with the grain.
- After 30 minutes, brush or roll out any excess product puddled or pooled on the surface of the deck.
- If excess product is not removed, sticky, shiny spots may remain on the surface.
- All exterior surfaces collect dirt, dust and contaminants.
- Clean and Maintain a Wood Deck once that is completed, your ready to seal the deck
Best stain for hardwood decks, best stain for IPE, IPE oil vs Messmer’s hardwoods, Messmer’s dealers near me, best oil for a IPE deck, Ohio, Illinois. Best stain for IPE decking. IPE vs Penofin | Not sold at Home Depot and Lowes