Sikkens Proluxe Log and Siding is a top rated stain is a high-performance translucent exterior stain for log homes. Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding’s two-coat satin finish creates a protective film that gives siding and logs a premium furniture-like satin finish that allows all the natural characteristics and grain of the wood to show through. Available in 7 natural wood tones and clear.
We cannot ship Log & Siding to these Counties in California including South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD)
• San Bernardino | Los Angeles | Orange | Riverside
Official PPG Sikkens Proluxe Online Dealer
Previously know as Sikkens Cetol Log and Siding Finish. Akzo Nobel (Manufacturer of Sikkens) sold their North American Architectural Coatings division to PPG in 2017
PPG Proluxe Sikkens Cetol Log & Siding 078 Natural
- High performance translucent satin finish
- Best on vertical surfaces
- Oil-alkyd high solids
- 2 coat formula
- Can be used over all PPG Proluxe stains
- Proluxe Maintenance is clear and to be used as a maintenance coat.
Key Features of Sikkens Proluxe Log & Siding:
- Creates a durable surface barrier to prevent weathering
- Allows natural characteristics and grain of wood to show through
- Minimizes cracking due to expansion and contraction of wood
- Translucent film forming stain
- 2 coat system
- Satin finish
Application of Proluxe Log and Siding 085 Teak
- Airless sprayer using a .011”-.013” tip at 1200 – 1700 psi.
- Can be brushed, rolled or sprayed
- To prevent drips back brush after a few minutes.
- Satin finish and film forming
- Solvent based or oil based stain with next wave technology.
- Log and Siding is a high solids alkyd resin technology
- Recommend for log homes, doors, wood beams, exterior siding and trim
Clean Up – Coverage of PPG Log and Siding Dark Oak 009
- Paint thinner cleanup
- Dries in 6 hours at 78º F (20º C) and 65% relative humidity
- Dries to re-coat in 24 hours
- Dries to touch in 6 hours
- On rough and weathered surfaces, 150-225 sq. ft./gallon.
- On smooth surfaces or hardwoods, 300-400 sq ft./gallon.
- Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.
Recommended chinking or log filler:
- Sashco Log Jam Chinking
- Sashco Conceal “Sikkens color matching caulk” for the smaller cracks.
- Use backer rods to fill in the larger gaps before using chinking.
- For a smooth finish caulk, use Log Builder caulking for around windows and doors
Wood peckers or insects? Add Walla Walla Bug juice to the stain. Click here
Preparation Procedures for New, Weathered and Uncoated Wood:
- The best method to prepare vertical wood surfaces is to sand with 80 – 120 grit sandpaper
- Recommend cleaning the surface with a deck cleaner or stripper
- Apply this solution generously to the wood with a garden pump sprayer.
- Let the solution sit on the wood for 15 – 20 minutes.
- During this period, scrub the surface with a hard bristle brush to help remove mill glaze and/or weathering.
- Do not let the solution dry on the wood.
- Keep it wet as your are working. Do your best to work on the sides opposite of the sun.
- Power wash the cleaning solution from the wood.
Application of PPG Log and Siding on hardwoods
- Wipe the surface with acetone immediately prior to application.
- Rough-sawn wood with less than four (4) weeks outside exposure should be dry brushed with a stiff bristle brush to remove loose dirt, fiber and debris.
- Follow standard preparation procedures if exposure has been longer than four (4) weeks or dirt and debris remain visible.
- New pressure treated lumber requires a six (6) week drying period prior to application.
- Water repellant treated lumber requires one (1) year of weathering prior to application.
- Old coatings must be completely removed before applying the first coat of any PPG Cetol system.
How to prep for Sikkens Proluxe Log and Siding 077 Cedar
- Do not exceed 500 PSI. The nozzle must be a maximum of one (1) foot from the surface for full effectiveness.
- Let the surface dry for three (3) days before application
- Make sure moisture content is below 18%
- Clean with a TSP solution, by applying a solution of four (4) ounces of oxalic acid crystals in a gallon of warm water.
- This solution should be allowed to sit on the affected area for 15 – 20 minutes before the final rinse with a power washer.
- Do not let the solution dry on the surface.
- Fill all joints, cracks, and nail holes with Conceal caulk or Log Builder and let cure prior to applying the coating system.
Application for Sikkens Proluxe Log & Siding 078 Natural
- Color can vary with application, porosity and type of wood
- After preparation apply two (2) coats of Proluxe Cetol Log & Siding assuring thorough dry time (minimum 24 hours) between coats.
- Recommended natural bristle brush with a handle where a pole can be inserted for ease of use.
- Brush in the direction of the wood grain
- Apply from the bottom up to avoid drips.
- Cetol Log & Siding needs UV light to cure properly.
- Cetol Log & Siding is compatible over an existing Cetol 1 and Cetol 23 Plus system.
- The side that gets the least sun – You can use Cetol Maintenance Clear
Wood peckers and insects? Add Walla Walla Bug juice to the stain
- Use Sashco Log Jam chinking after Proluxe Log and Siding stain
- Use backer rods as a filler prior to chinking
First Coat of Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding stain
- Apply from the bottom up to avoid drips which may streak on the surface below.
- Perform a two (2) coat color and sheen test on a sample of the wood on green, wet or treated logs
- Color can vary with application, porosity and type of wood.
- During application, saturate all end grains, nail holes, cavities, and cracks in the wood.
- Brush on a liberal coat
- Brush on a liberal coat and maintain a wet edge to prevent lap marks.
- Once stained, fill all small cracks in logs with Sashco conceal caulk or Sikkens caulk
What is Sikkens stain called now
- PPG Proluxe stain
- PPG dropped the Cetol name from all Sikkens stain
- Do not use PPG Proluxe Log and Siding on horizontal surfaces or decks
PPG Proluxe Sikkens Log & Siding colors
- SIK42005 NATURAL OAK 005
- SIK42009 DARK OAK 009
- SIK42072 BUTTERNUT 072
- SIK42077 CEDAR 077
- SIK42078 NATURL 078
- SIK42085 TEAK 085
Searching for: Best log home and cabin stain | Sikkens log and siding | Is Proluxe the same as Sikkens | Sikkens dealers near me | Lowest price on Sikkens Log & Siding | How long does Sikkens log and siding last | Sikkens stain reviews | Sikkens Products | Where to buy Sikkens Proluxe stain | Sikkens stain reviews | Is Sikkens stain good | Sikkens clear coat | Cetol filter 7 | Recoating Sikkens finish | Log rot and maintenance |
- Where to buy Sikkens in Canada
- What is Sikkens called now
- Best deck finish
- New York & New Jersey Proluxe Sikkens dealer with 2 day shipping