DEFY Wood Brightener is an oxalic acid deck brightener. Additionally removes dirt, grime, tannin, rust, and fungi stains from cedar and redwood surfaces. This liquid concentrate is also mixed with water (four parts water to one part concentrate) to brighten and restore the natural beauty of exterior wood.
It is an oxalic acid that will not harm wood fibers, grass, or most plants when used properly. This product is not recommended for surface preparation prior to initial application of clear and semi-transparent finishes and stains. It is used both as a neutralizer and brightener for all wood species that have been cleaned with DEFY Wood Cleaner or DEFY Stain Stripper. For best results, use DEFY water repellent wood stain finishes.
Defy wood brightener is concentrate and make 5 gallons
Defy Brightener is concentrate and makes 5 gallons
- Further Restores the Natural Beauty of Wood
- Generally will remove Rust Stains & Tannin Stains Caused by Leaves
- Neutralizes Wood Stain Strippers & Cleaners
- Improves Absorption of Wood Stains
- Best used on cedar and redwood
This is a liquid concentrate sold in one-gallon containers. One gallon of concentrate will make five gallons of solution. This will correspondingly clean approximately 500-1,000 total square feet (or 100-200 square feet per gallon). Overall, not formulated to remove intact paint, stain, or clear finishes. Thus it may dull painted and metal surfaces if not quickly rinsed.
DEFY Wood Brightener is designed to be used after DEFY Wood Cleaner or DEFY Stain Stripper to not only neutralize the surface but also restore the natural beauty of exterior wood. Excels at removing rust stains and tannin stains caused by leaves.
- Coverage Rate: Approx. 500-1,000 sq. ft. per concentrated gallon
- Available Sizes: 1 Gallon
- Ideal Application Temperature: Minimum 45° F
- Application Method: Pump Sprayer, Mop or Soft-Bristle Brush
- Rinsing Method: Garden Hose or Power Washer