The Sikkens Name will be changing to Proluxe. Same formula different name. Currently Sikkens Proluxe
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding is not permitted for use in the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) which includes all or part of the following counties of California:
- Los Angeles
- San Bernardino
Samples: Sikkens Proluxe is available for sale in 4oz sample containers. They are liquid samples that give you an accurate color on you wood surface. We also include a coupon with your samples for you to use. The samples are packaged in house. Click here to view samples
Description: Cetol Log & Siding is a high-performance translucent satin finish for exterior vertical wood surfaces. This alkyd high solids formulation offers optimum protection and a premium look in just two coats.
- Creates a durable surface barrier to prevent weathering
- Allows natural characteristics and grain of wood to show through
- Minimizes cracking due to expansion and contraction of wood
Application: Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log & Siding can be rolled, brushed or sprayed. To spray using an airless sprayer using a .011”-.013” tip at 1200 – 1700 psi. To prevent drips back brush after a few minutes.
Sheen: Satin finish and film forming
Technology: Solvent based or oil based stain with next wave technology. Log and Siding is a high solids alkyd resin technology
Usage: All types of exterior wood, however recommend for log homes
Recommended for: Siding, Logs, Trim
Clean Up: Mineral Spirits or Paint thinner
Dry Time:(At 78º F (20º C) and 65% relative humidity) Temps below 50º F will require longer drying times.
- Dries to re-coat in 24 hours
- Dries to touch in 6 hours
Number of coats: 2
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol Log and Siding Coverage Rates
• On rough and weathered surfaces, 150-225 sq. ft./gallon.
• On smooth surfaces or hardwoods, 300-400 sq ft./gallon.
• Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.