Sikkens Cetol 1 visualization tool for log homes-Click here
You can use the visualization tool to help you choose a color for your home. We also have 1/4 pint sample cans available for you to try the stain on your wood for the exact color.
Sikkens Cetol 1 Re is a translucent exterior wood finish that separates wood from the elements with durable surface barrier, which repels water, while allowing excess moisture to escape. It penetrates deep into the wood sealing and protecting it. Cetol 1 RE remains firmly attached to the wood and provides a perfect surface to accept the next layer of protection, Cetol 23 Re Plus. Recommended uses: Log homes, exterior wood entrance doors, garage doors and window frames, as well as fiberglass doors. Sikkens Cetol RE 1 may be used on the interior side of exterior doors and windows, but will take longer to dry. Cetol 1 RE is a premium, translucent exterior wood basecoat to be used with Cetol 23 Plus RE. Its superior alkyd formulation offers excellent penetration and adhesion to vertical wood surfaces.
- Type Translucent
- Sheen Satin
- Description Premium translucent exterior wood basecoat to be used with Cetol 23 Plus RE. Can also be used alone or with other products.
- Usage Siding, Trim, Entrance Doors, Garage Doors, Windows, Log Homes, Outdoor Furniture, Fences
- Features Superior UV Protection, Highly Transparent, Water Repellent, Weather Resistant, Flexible, Breathable
- Technology Alkyd Oil, New Wave technology
- Application temperature: 50*F to 90*F.
- Smooth Wood – 250-350 sq.ft./gal
- Rough Wood – 200-300 sq.ft./gal